EXCELLENT QUALITY OF GENERATED INFILL CODE (420@178HZ) THANKS TO DIGITAL SYNTHESIS
- High definition of the waveform
- High precision and consistent repeatability of all the characteristic parameters of the 420@178Hz code
- Code synthesis used for increased reliability (innovative feature regarding code application upon completion of the 178Hz sinusoid arcs)
- Optimisation of power supply, regulated according to the electrical characteristics of the track circuit to be served
HIGH POWER AVAILABILITY AND HIGH EFFICIENCY
- High available power (about 250 VA) that could be supplied entirely to the given track (possibility of covering long distances)
- Low power dissipation thanks to high switching amplifier efficiency
- Optimised consumption thanks to the accurately regulated power supplied to the track circuit
EXTREME MODULARITY DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED FOR THE SINGLE INFILL FUNCTION
- Ability to implement the exact number of INFILL functions required in each station
- No dependency constraint between INFILL functions implemented in each station
ERGONOMIC DEVICES THAT CAN BE INSTALLED ON FS (ITALIAN RAIL COMPANY) RELAY BACKPLATES
- Possibility of installing on 2 or 3-row horizontal relay frames (in the case of a 3-row frame, each of the 3 Infill functions can have its own independent mixer)
- Possibility of installing on 2 or 3-row vertical relay frames (in the case of a 3-row frame, each of the 3 Infill functions can have its own independent mixer)
- Possibility of installing in standard 19” rack cabinet, setting the height according to the number of systems to be installed inside.
Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS)
- SIL 4 system
- High general readiness of INFILL functions at the station in case of failure of one of the systems
- Corrective maintenance operations can be applied to individual infill functions
The Infill 420 code is a 178 Hz sinusoidal signal modulated with a square wave at a 420 cpm (7 Hz) frequency; its generation and transmission of track activation are linked to data received from the IS system. Interfacing with coded track circuits requires the use of a mixer, which transmits the INFILL code to the track together with the block codes in the primary band. In systems where no mixer has already been installed, SITE provides a dedicated mixer of its own design.
The DIGITAL INFILL system performs the INFILL function, using synthesis techniques and digital control of the generated signal. The Infill function has a security integrity level rating 4 (SIL 4) and is based on a 2oo2 (two out of two) digital architecture; it inspects the generated signal and, if necessary, intervenes to return the system to a safe state.